Monday, May 24, 2010

When Blogging is Light

As I wrote last week, blogging was light because of my preparation for a wedding this past weekend. I hope to be a little more regular with the blog this week.

This reminded me of the value of RSS readers. Sometimes I make three posts in a day; other times I make three posts in an entire week. If you don't want to bother with checking the blog all the time, RSS readers are a great, time-saving tool.

Instead of checking one blog at a time, RSS allows you to keep track of all the blogs you visit, and automatically notifies you when the blogs you've subscribed to are updated. That way you don’t have to keep going back to them only to find nothing has been updated.

If you've never understood what that funky orange thing was and want to get the RSS reader set up, this tutorial from Abraham Piper will get you going in minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment