Monday, September 28, 2009

Prepared for a Phillies Choke


I've already got the blog post ready should the Phillies choke away this lead in the NL East and fail to make the playoffs. It would be the biggest collapse in the history of Major League Baseball, and I'm a bit troubled by that title going to the Phils (especially after the Mets claimed it for themselves two years ago). Yesterday's win restored a little bit of confidence...but not much.

But I'm ready for the collapse, I think, and my heart is at rest, because in their recent futility, God has taught me a valuable lesson. Hopefully next Monday I won't have to post it.

2 comments:

  1. Oh post it now and let us learn to deal with it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How much one day can change things! Looks like I might not have to make the post after all.

    If, however, the Phils lose a 5 game lead with 5 to play, that might call for an entirely new post!

    ReplyDelete