Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Finally!

When Justin Taylor wrote last week about Stephen Smallman's new book, The Walk, my heart leaped. I thought to myself, "Could it really be?" Taylor wrote:

It’s now the first resource I’d recommend for disciples wanting to make disciples (which should be all of us). Marked by good theology, a focus on the Bible, and a warm and winsome approach, this “discipleship for dummies” manual is just what all of us need.

Taylor is a pretty well-read guy, so this comment really intrigued me. For at least 6-7 years I've been looking for a book that would be the ideal place to start with a brand new Christian or just a person interested in spiritual things. And while I have read some wonderful books and end up giving some of them to new Christians, I always hoped I'd find something even more basic to start with.

When I read Taylor's comments, I asked the best executive pastor I know to order me a copy, and a few days later I started reading the book. After finishing it yesterday, I think I've finally found the book I've been looking for. The Walk is an immensely practical guide in fulfilling Christ's call not only to preach the Gospel, but to make disciples.

If there are people in your life who have just come to faith, or who seem receptive to hearing about Christ, The Walk could be a great resource to go through with them.

You can read the preface, table of contents and first chapter online for free. Check it out and let me know what you think.

1 comment:

  1. Can I borrow this? I've been looking for a book just like this to use with a friend. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete