Thursday, July 2, 2009

I created a Twitter account today just to try this out

Recently the 9 Marks guys did a contest on their blog in which they asked people to 'tweet' the Gospel. Since Twitter allows posts of only 140 characters or less, the contest was a lesson in brevity.

So today, weeks after the contest was closed, I signed on to Twitter to give it a try. Here's what I came up with:

Sin severed us from God and ruined the good world He made. Jesus died and rose to save all who believe and one day will make all things new.


I tried to weave the individual salvation story of God, sin, Christ and faith, along with the overarching biblical storyline of creation, fall, redemption, restoration. But it's hard to capture all that in 140 characters!

How did I do? Don't be polite; be honest! And let me know how you'd 'tweet' the Gospel.

(By the way, don't count on many twitter updates from me. When I want to write something it usually takes more than 140 characters, so I write it here.)

No comments:

Post a Comment