Monday, May 25, 2009

Does Lebron James think he's bigger than Jesus?

Alright, I promise, I'll leave Lebron James alone after this post. I can't imagine he's loosing too much sleep over being written about on this blog though! After I made my last post, I was reminded of the marketing slogan that Nike uses to promote James and his shoes:

Where do they get that phrase, 'We are witnesses'? Well, I'm pretty sure they get it from Acts 3, in which the Apostle Peter says,

"But you denied the Holy and Righteous One, and asked for a murderer to be granted to you, and you killed the Author of life, whom God raised from the dead. To this we are witnesses." In the bottom left corner of the ad, it even says, 'Believe at nike.com'.

Lebron is admired by millions because of the way he can handle a basketball...but when he rises from the dead, then I'll be ready to be his witness.

No comments:

Post a Comment