Saturday, February 14, 2009

Spring's Around the Corner

I know this because pitchers and catchers report for spring training today. I'm eager to see my beloved Phils' try to become the first repeat champions from the National League since the 70's. But even their recent success doesn't make me very optimistic that it will actually happen!

Earlier in the week I read an article which said that the Phillies' payroll increased almost $30 million this off-season. With people all around the nation losing jobs and feeling stress over economic uncertainty, obviously the sports franchises aren't hurting too badly! I don't know many companies that are increasing their payroll by $30 million this year.

Do you think that these uncertain economic times make it harder to get excited about supporting athletes and their employers who live in such financial ease?

Let me know...

No comments:

Post a Comment