Since homosexuality is in the news this week, I thought would be good to highlight this post from Justin Taylor, in which he links to some resources to help Christians address the topic.
I especially appreciated the videos from Matt Chandler. I remember watching these a couple of years ago, and I resonated with both the content and the spirit of the teaching.
In the first video below Chandler begins by tracing the biblical
storyline. In the second video, he gives some basic responses to several
street-level objections, like:
1. If you’re not hurting anyone else, what’s wrong with it?
2. Since you’re a sinner, too, who are you to call out others?
3. Jesus didn’t say anything about homosexuality.
4. Some animals have same-sex relations, so if it’s in nature it must natural.
5. The homosexuality condemned by Paul is a different type of homosexuality than we see today.
6. Revisionist arguments from modern scholarship.
He also talks about the way in which he seeks to engage in dialogue with homosexuals in a gospel-centered way.
In the third video he fields questions via text message—e.g., on how
parents should handle their adult kids who are gay with partners coming
I didn't see a way to embed the videos into this post, so you'll have to click through to Justin's site and watch the videos there.