Saturday, January 1, 2011

Bible Reading in 2011

I am not a big fan of change. And I am BIG fan of the Bible. So the idea of changing my Bible reading plan is not an easy thing for me to do!

But as of this morning, I've made a change. For the last 6-8 years I have used the Discipleship Journal plan, which takes you through the entire Bible in a year, reading from four different places.

But back in July I mentioned coming across Grant Horner's complex reading plan, which has you read a chapter from ten different places in the Bible each day. Since seeing it, I've been intrigued by it but have felt some reservations about how it might affect my communion with God in His Word.

But after several recommendations, I'm going to give it a try for at least a month. I've tweaked the plan slightly so that I am only reading eight chapters daily, instead of ten. And after one day, I was greatly blessed by time in His Word. So we'll see how it goes.

What plan do you use for doing your Bible reading? If you don't have a formal "plan", how do you decide what you're going to read? I'd be curious to know how other readers mine the riches of God's Word. Leave a comment and let me know.

1 comment:

  1. Our church is doing "The Bible in 90 Days, the whole church challenge". 117 signed up, that's about half the church, we'll see how it goes!

    ReplyDelete