Thursday, October 21, 2010

Gems from Gospel Math

Three of my favorite quotes from Tullian's talk at the DG conference which I posted yesterday:

The irony of gospel growth is that those who end up obeying more are those who increasingly realize that their standing with God is not based on their obedience but on Christ's. Those who end up performing better are those who understand that their standing isn't based on their performance for Christ, but on Christ's performance for them.

The world spends a lot of money trying to tempt us to locate our identity in someone or something smaller than Jesus (therein lies the depth of my disappointment at the Philles' current woes).

In Christ my identity is secure, which frees me to give everything that I have because in Christ I already have everything that I need.

No comments:

Post a Comment