Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Is this Fair?

In the song You are Holy, the guys sing this:

I will sing to
And worship
The King who is worthy
I will love Him, adore Him
And I will bow down before Him
I will sing to and worship the King who is worthy
I will love Him, adore him
I will bow down before Him

While we're singing that, the girls get to sing this:

He is Lord of Lords
He is King of Kings
He is mighty God
Lord of everything

He's Emmanuel
He's the great "I AM"
He's my Prince of Peace
Who is the Lamb

He's the living God
He's my saving grace
He will reign forever
He is ancient of days

He's the Alpha, Omega, Beginning and End
He's my Savior, Messiah, Redeemer, and friend

Where is the justice in this? They get to sing about the greatness of God, and I get to sing about me? I think next time we sing this song, I'm just going to be bold and sing the ladies' part. Is that a lack of submission to church authority?

No comments:

Post a Comment