Thursday, June 3, 2010

Anticipating the Great Celebration

Flyers fans are surely thrilled after last night's finish. Since I haven't followed this team over the past few years, it's hard for me to get as excited about them as I was about the Phillies in 2008. Nevertheless, it really was a thrilling end to the game; I even stayed up late to watch it, so you know it must have been exciting.

But as I watched the roar of the crowd and their exuberance in the thrill of victory, I couldn't help but feel a deep longing for the day when that kind of roar and joyful celebration is aimed at the Son of God, who was slain for the sins of the world. If people can get this excited about athletes they have never met and over a game that really makes no impact on our lives, what will the response be when we see our Savior celebrated throughout the entire cosmos?

No comments:

Post a Comment