Friday, May 28, 2010

The Great Mystery

Perhaps this will elicit another comment from Steve, telling us there is another side to the story, but nevertheless, I was moved by this quote from C.J. Mahaney at this year's Together for the Gospel conference:

The great mystery is not, "Why do I suffer?" The great mystery is, why would the sinless Son of God suffer as my substitute on the cross for my sin, receiving the wrath I deserved so that I might be forgiven and declared righteous? That is the great mystery of mercy. And that mystery can and will make all the difference in the severest forms of suffering.

Longing with all my heart to get this wonderful truth deeply rooted in my soul, before my day of suffering comes. Because I know that in this groaning world, my day surely will come. And because of Christ, that is not something to fear.

No comments:

Post a Comment