Tuesday, April 27, 2010

How Many Days Old Are You?

In his sermon from Lamentations 3 this past Sunday, my friend Jason used the occasion of one of our members' 40th birthdays to highlight how many "new mornings of mercy" God had been faithful in this man's life.

A few years back, I calculated how many days old I was, as a way of celebrating God's daily mercies to me. For a couple of years, I entered that number each new day in my journal as I began devotions as a way of reminding myself of God's unfailing mercies, which are new each and every morning.

For some reason I stopped doing it, I think because I found this website, which allows you to enter in your date of birth and see how many days old you are. Because I knew I could easily find the number without having to do a lot of math, I just stopped keeping track myself. But I think I need to revive that "tradition" of mine, because it was a precious, daily reminder of God's unmerited goodness to me.

So today I punched in my date of birth, and as of this morning I have experienced exactly 11,902 new mornings of God's mercies.

Visit the site, plug in your date of birth, and let me know how many days of mercy God has showered upon you.

1 comment:

  1. 11,242. I hope that the remaining will be lived in greater thankfulness.

    -So teach us to number our days
    that we may get a heart of wisdom. Psalm 90:12

    ReplyDelete