Sunday, April 11, 2010

Changed by the Gospel

This morning I had the privilege of preaching from Colossians 3:1-17 on how God continually, gradually, changes us into His image through Christ.

No writer outside the Bible has influenced my understanding of the dynamics of biblical change more than Tim Keller. I am immensely grateful to God for how He has used Keller's grasp of the Scriptures to help me understand my own heart and the power of the gospel to change my heart.

For those who want to read more, I recommend this article from Keller called The Centrality of the Gospel. The article unpacks this basic, summary statement:

The Christian life is a process of renewing every dimension of our life-- spiritual, psychological, corporate, social--by thinking, hoping, and living out the “lines” or ramifications of the gospel.

Check it out and let me know what you think...

No comments:

Post a Comment