Friday, April 30, 2010

Bible Memorization

Yesterday I was working on memorizing Habakkuk 3:17-19,

Though the fig tree should not blossom, nor fruit be on the vines, the produce of the olive fail and the fields yield no food, the flock be cut off from the fold and there be no herd in the stalls, yet I will rejoice in the Lord; I will take joy in the God of my salvation. God, the Lord, is my strength; he makes my feet like the deer's; he makes me tread on my high places.

I have been familiar with these verses for a long time, but I have never committed them to memory. It seemed to me that personally and pastorally, these would be good verses to have firmly rooted in my mind and heart.

Not surprisingly, I found myself having a pretty good day. It is hard to get irritated or anxious about trivial things when the mind is musing on words like these all day. I know I've not been memorizing enough Scripture lately, so I've recommitted to putting some key passages to memory.

I've got a few in mind, but what are some that you would suggest?

No comments:

Post a Comment