Monday, March 8, 2010

Springtime and Salvation

I went for a run outside today for the first time since early December. The temperature is in the low 60's, and it seems like Spring is arriving in the Northeast.

I can't recall ever feeling so excited about the arrival of Spring as I do right now. And I imagine that is because I've never experienced a Winter as harsh as the one we've experienced this year.

It's a little parable of our lives in Christ, isn't it? The glory of our coming salvation gets sweeter and sweeter in light of the bitterness and pain of this present life. As Paul says, "Our light, momentary afflictions are producing for us a weight of glory beyond all comparison" (2 Corinthians 4:18).

Going out running today, I kind of felt like I was in Narnia, knowing that Aslan was on the move. How precious it will be, when the true and better Aslan returns to make all things new.

No comments:

Post a Comment