Thursday, January 14, 2010

A conjunction could make me suicidal

Philippians 3:12 reads:

"Not that I have already obtained this or am already perfect, but I press on to make it my own, because Christ Jesus has made me his own."

Think of the power of this little conjunction, "because". If, instead of writing "because", Paul had actually written, "so that," I am pretty sure I'd want to kill myself. My ability to press on after Christ is grounded in the reality that He has already made me His own. If it were not so, I'd lose all hope and probably want to take my own life.

God's grace, not human effort and striving, is the rock our salvation rests on. But it wouldn't be so with a little change of that tiny conjunction.

So read the Bible carefully; our joy and peace is built on something as small as a conjunction.

No comments:

Post a Comment