Monday, January 18, 2010

Cold Comfort

A few weeks back I wrote about the Manhattan Declaration, and the discussion that was being engaged in throughout evangelicalism about how much cooperation Christians should have with those of other faiths in taking action about social issues like abortion. You can read that post if you want a bit more of the background and the current discussion.

When I read this quote today from Gregg Cunningham, I thought it was a pretty simple, yet compelling, argument to get involved with Catholics, Muslims, Jews or Atheists who also care about the unborn. Cunningham writes:

"It is cold comfort to a dead baby that we allowed him to die to avoid working with Catholics."

I'm not sure how those who opposed the Manhattan Declaration would respond, but I'd be interested to hear what they would say.

No comments:

Post a Comment