Friday, December 4, 2009

A Living Embodiment of the Last Post

Matt Chandler is one man who is, by God's grace, doing a marvelous job of embodying the three truths Justin Buzzard commended for our constant reflection.

On Thanksgiving morning Chandler suffered a seizure, collapsed and was rushed to the hospital. Today he is having a five-hour brain surgery to remove a large portion of his right frontal lobe. Chandler writes:

The last seven days have been some of the most interesting of my life. I have felt anxiety, fear, sadness and a deep and unmovable joy simultaneously and in deeper ways than I have felt before. I am grateful for this heightened sense of things. Today at 10:45 a.m. CST I will have a good portion of my right frontal lobe removed. I head into that surgery with a heart that is filled with gratitude and hope.

He goes on to mention ten things he's grateful for. I praise God for Matt's courage and steadfastness during this time. What an example of resting in God's sovereign, wise, goodness.

Remember to keep the Chandler family in prayer.

1 comment:

  1. An update for those who've been praying:

    http://www.facebook.com/notes/what-god-is-doing-at-the-village-church/matt-responding-well-after-long-surgery/188680638946

    ReplyDelete