Friday, December 25, 2009

God's Grand Goal

For a few months now I've been eagerly awaiting the release of Graham Cole's book God the Peacemaker: How Atonement Brings Shalom. The book came out last week and I got my copy on Tuesday.

I'm not even halfway through it, but I am thoroughly enjoying it. In the introduction, Cole writes:

The grand goal of the divine [story] is nothing less than to secure God's people in God's place under God's reign living God's way enjoying God's shalom in God's loving and holy presence as both family and worshipers, to God's glory.

What a grand goal that is! And through the life, death and resurrection of Jesus Christ, it is the certain hope of all who trust Him. On this day of celebrating Christ's incarnation, let's not forget the grand goal that He came into the world to secure.

No comments:

Post a Comment