Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Richard Dawkins' Poster Children

Jim W will like this one:


"The two children chosen to front Richard Dawkins's latest assault on God could not look more free of the misery he associates with religious baggage. With the slogan 'Please don't label me. Let me grow up and choose for myself', the youngsters with broad grins seem to be the perfect advertisement for the new atheism being promoted by Professor Dawkins and the British Humanist Association. Except that they are about as far from atheism as it is possible to be. The Times can reveal that Charlotte, 8, and Ollie, 7, are from one of the country's most devout Christian families."

Read the whole thing.

1 comment:

  1. Classic.

    Hey, on this topic, I discovered an interesting website: www.fixed-point.org.

    It is a Christian apologetics site. Though I have not investigated it enough to determine its doctrinal bent, it has some fascinating resources, including DVD's of debates between Christians and atheists. The Dawkins-Lennox debate looks especially interesting to me. I might find it under my Christmas tree!

    The name of the website, fixed point, is from a Blaise Pascal quote, along the lines that, just a ship passing into a harbor needs a fixed point to find its way, so our souls need a moral fixed point to guide us.

    And that fixed point is Jesus Christ, the anchor of our souls.

    Jim W

    ReplyDelete