Wednesday, November 25, 2009

One more thing about missional living...

In my sermon last Sunday, I did my best to explain the marks of a missional life. In essence I made two points:

A missional life spreads the fragrance of the knowledge of Christ everywhere (2 Corinthians 2:14), and, a missional life adorns the gospel of His grace in everything (Titus 2:10).

Since my text was Acts 28, I really should have added this:

A missional life will be spoken against everywhere. At least that's what was said of the "sect" of Christianity in Acts 28:22: "With regard to this sect we know that everywhere it is spoken against."

So let's drop all illusions that living missionally is going to make us popular. If we aren't being spoken against as we engage in Christ's mission, we're probably not being faithful.

No comments:

Post a Comment