Monday, November 30, 2009

Grasping the Whole Bible -- Resources

Yesterday I began a five week series, giving a bird's eye view of the entire Bible. We'll spend four weeks looking at the Old Testament, and then one Sunday examining the message of the New Testament (You can download the first message in the series, on Genesis 1-11, here).

Preparing for these messages is unlike any sermon preparation I've done before, because of the large amount of Scripture I'm handling each week. To aid my study, I've been using a few resources that trace out the overarching storyline of the Bible. I thought maybe some blog readers who are listening to the messages on Sunday mornings would be interested in digging a bit deeper, so here's a list of them (they're all available at discounted prices here):









































































And one for the kids (which I think should be required reading for every adult!):



















Also, a series of messages called The Bible: The Whole Story (Part 1 and Part 2) from Tim Keller provides a rich overview of the Bible's central storyline.

1 comment:

  1. Hi, I just recently started a blog and posted a very short overview of the Old Testament. It wasn't from any other book, if you would be willing to give me your thoughts on it in light your more diligent study, I'd be honored.

    http://moreofwe.wordpress.com/2009/12/01/grasping-the-old-testament/

    ReplyDelete