Thursday, October 8, 2009

The Battle

Anyone who knows me well knows that my life is full of flagrant hypocrisies. Yet Christ bore all my wrath. Believing this is a daily battle.

Today, I feel like I'm losing the battle. But I take comfort in knowing that Jesus never loses a battle. He said:

"This is the will of him who sent me, that I should lose nothing of all that he has given me, but raise it up on the last day." (John 6:39)

That's good news today. It's good news every day, but especially when I'm most aware of my sin.

1 comment:

  1. Larry,

    I've found that God answers my prayer for a greater passion for Christ by making me more aware of my own sin! It's amazing that the more "sinful" I become--not in amount of sin, but awareness of my own sin--the greater he becomes. Praise God!

    Will

    ReplyDelete