Tuesday, August 11, 2009

The Gospel & The Poor

Here's a 73-minute talk that Tim Keller gave a few weeks ago on the theme The Gospel and the Poor (If you can't see the video, click here). Keller's address is the first 45 minutes of the video, with the rest being Q & A.

I was deeply stirred and convicted as I watched Keller fly through the Bible's storyline to show the importance of caring for the physical needs of the poor and the oppressed. If anyone watches it (and I hope you will!!), let me know what you think.

Tim Keller: The Gospel and the Poor: A Case for Compassion from Here's Life Inner City on Vimeo.

1 comment:

  1. Larry,

    Here's a real life application of this...

    http://www.cnn.com/2009/WORLD/asiapcf/08/14/pakistan.christians/index.html

    This is also my nomination for your "Don't forget to Groan" post.

    Will

    ReplyDelete