Friday, August 28, 2009

C.J. Mahaney Videos Available

I'm thrilled to see that Sovereign Grace Ministries has posted some videos of various sermons preached by C.J. Mahaney over the years. It's a treat to hear Mahaney, but I think his passion for God and compassion for people is so much more powerful when viewed as opposed to listened to.

Especially exciting was seeing this message posted from the 2007 Leadership Conference titled Trinitarian Pastoral Ministry. I was in attendance when Mahaney preached this, and I have shared with many people how a certain portion of this message (beginning at 21:00, until 25:30) has changed my entire life and ministry from that night on.

One of the highlights of being at Worship God 09 earlier this month was having the chance to tell C.J. in person the dramatic impact his words have had on my life and ministry.

If you have a chance to watch this, I highly recommend it:

Trinitarian Pastoral Ministry from Sovereign Grace Ministries on Vimeo.

4 comments:

  1. Thanks for the note, Larry. We are working to re-upload this message so the entire video is avaliable. Appreciate your blog post that alerted us to the problem!

    Tony

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank YOU Tony, for commenting! I actually wanted to get in touch with someone from Sovereign Grace to report the problem, but didn't know how to.

    Thanks again!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You might find the following blogs of interest about C.J. Mahaney and the group he leads:

    http://www.sgmsurvivors.com
    http://www.sgmrefuge.com

    They tell another side.

    Hope this helps.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Steve,

    Thanks for stopping by the blog. I only looked at the sites briefly, but from what saw I could not really comment adequately on your assessment.

    I'm not in a Sovereign Grace church so I cannot speak to the "culture" that exists in SGM churches. All I can say definitively is that I have been greatly blessed by my exposure to the ministry, and from the very brief encounters I've had with some of the SGM leaders (Mahaney, Kauflin and Purswell).

    While I think that selling products like mugs and T-shirts as a way of expressing your gripes with SGM is juvenile and lacking in humility, I appreciate that you and the others on these sites have been hurt by your experience with SGM, and I'm genuinely sorry to hear that.

    Larry

    ReplyDelete