Friday, May 22, 2009

Exposing Worldliness

Writing on the words in 1 John 2:15, 'Do not love the world...', C.J. Mahaney writes,

Imagine I take a blind test in which my task is to identify genuine followers of Jesus Christ. My choices are an unregenerate individual and you.

I'm given two reports detailing conversations, internet activity, manner of dress, iPod playlists, television habits, hobbies, leisure time, financial transactions, thoughts, passions and dreams.


The question is: Would I be able to tell you apart? Would I discern a difference between you and your unconverted neighbor, coworker, classmate, or friend?


A challenging, penetrating question for sure. I am grateful to God for courageous men and women who love God and people enough to ask it.

And may God give those of us who are Christians the humility and integrity to answer it honestly.

No comments:

Post a Comment