Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Glorified Shoveling?


This morning I woke up to the biggest amount of snow I've seen around these parts of South Jersey in quite some time.

Seeing the beauty of the snowfall reminded me of this blog post I read from Randy Alcorn a few weeks ago. In it he writes about snow being a part of our experience on the resurrected New Earth that will be our eternal dwelling place. I love Randy's use of sanctified imagination. There is much we do not know about our final home, but Alcorn whets my appetite for the coming redemption of all things by his musings. Here's a summary quote I liked in particular:

"Here's a New Year's resolution to consider: Every time you see or experience something beautiful and wonderful in this world, from a loved one's smile to a wonderful meal and laughter to a snowfall or waterfall, wildflowers or animals, music or art, resolve to thank God that this fallen world is but a hint of what awaits us on the New Earth, the place He's preparing for us."


With Peter, I am waiting for a New Heavens and New Earth (2 Peter 3:13).

No comments:

Post a Comment